Friday, September 22, 2006

 

The Story

So. Here’s the story. My name, as you may have guessed, is Stanley. I’m flat. And that’s not a bad thing, really, because I can go places and do things most people can’t. Specifically: I can (and do) travel via envelope. In the mail, as it were. All over the place!

I’m sure you’re asking yourself “OK, just how did Stanley get flat(tened)?” It was an accident, but I don’t remember anything about it, so I guess you could say it was painless. When I woke up in the hospital the doctor told me a bulletin board had fallen on me. And you can see it pretty well flattened me! I got pretty depressed, because, as a flat person, I lost the ability to move about on my own. I also lost my left leg in the accident, too, in case you didn’t notice. It hit me pretty hard when I realized life was never gonna be the same ever again. But my friend Bobby had an idea, and he said it would cheer me up.

My friend Bobby said…

“Hey! I have an idea!

“OK, Bob-O, tell me what this spiffy idea of yours is,” I replied.

So…we talked. Basically, the idea was for to go on vacation to New Mexico for awhile and do some fun things to take my mind off my flatness. I thought that was a pretty good idea, and the next thing ya know I’m in an envelope and off to Portales, New Mexico, to visit with Bobby’s Dad.

This blog has some pictures of me doing stuff in and around Portales.

I hope you like it.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?