Saturday, September 23, 2006

 

Shopping

The first thing I did when I got to Portales was go shopping. Not exactly fun, but, Hey! I go where I’m taken, ya know. Buck (Bobby’s Dad) shops at the commissary out at Cannon AFB, and that’s where we went.

I helped Buck shop, but I don’t think he was all that pleased with my suggestions. For instance, when we were in the coffee aisle, I suggested he try something new… buy some caramel flavored coffee, for a change. He just looked at me and muttered something like “I don’t drink frou-frou coffee, Young Man!”

How boring.

So, we continued to shop…some of this, some of that, and some of the other. I was getting pretty bored, and while Buck was away from the shopping cart I whispered to this lady walking by…

“Psst! Hey!”

She looked around, pretty startled like, because she didn’t see anyone else in the aisle, just a shopping cart.

“Psst! Hey! Over here! In the cart! I’m real small, and flat!”

She saw me, and came over. I told her I wanted to play a trick on Buck, and asked her to put me behind one of the Tide bottles on the shelf…you know, an impromptu game of hide and seek. She was kinda reluctant and thought Buck might get mad, but I finally talked her into it.


It was a riot watching Buck run around looking for me all over the place! After about three minutes I finally yelled at him and said “Ha! I gotcha!”

He threatened to rip my other leg off if I ever did that again…but I don’t think he meant it.

So, we continued the shopping, did the check-out thing and went back to Buck’s place.

The hide and seek made the trip a little bit fun, anyway.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?