Wednesday, September 27, 2006

 

Lunch and then...Lost!



We had lunch at the Bird’s Nest Sandwich Shop today, which is about a mile from Buck’s place. Buck had a roast beef sandwich and I had soup. The Bird’s Nest is a nice place, and the people that work there are very friendly.

Buck had to run some errands after lunch, so we went downtown. I didn’t feel like getting in and out of the car…you know, in and out, in and out, in and out… it gets boring after a while. So Buck said I could stay in the car. Buck has a convertible, and he had the top down. And did I tell you Portales is really, really windy? No? Well, it is.

Guess what!

The wind blew me out of the car! I really freaked out! I didn’t know where I was, and I was SO afraid I was going to get lost! But then… a police car happened to drive by. I yelled with all my might and the officer slammed on the brakes when he saw me skittering down the sidewalk. He chased me down, picked me up, and asked just what I was doing getting blown around all over the place. I began to explain everything, not the least of which was why I’m so flat, why I’m so small, and so on. Police officers ask a lot of questions.

Well, to make a long story short, I was about three blocks from where Buck was. The officer put me in the car and drove me back to Buck, who, by the way, was Justas freaked out as I was.

But…all’s well that ends well, right? Buck thanked the officer and then we went back to Buck’s house to recover. We were both kinda shook up after that little adventure!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?